Dr Manzanares in Ohio!
Reflexology Association of Ohio is pleased to share that we sponsored a two day workshop, Science Based Reflexology, on June 5th and June 6th, 2010 with Dr. Manzanares, M.D. of Barcelona Spain There were 27 participants from 8 different states, 16 of which were from Ohio. It was a great educational opportunity and provided an opportunity to meet fellow Reflexologists from various states.
This was a unique opportunity to study with a renowned doctor who has done research over 28 years with 70,000 clinical cases of reflexology. He is the first to perform biopsies on the feet that study and document what is found in the actual tissue of the tender ‘reflex areas’. He is the author of numerous books including,
Principles of Reflexology I & II, and the creator of the first scientific-based reflexology maps of the feet.
The Manzanares Method of Science-Based Reflexology
Dr. Manzanares shared his knowledge and experience including:
• The first science-based explanation for reflexology
• The first biopsy research on the feet revealing the truth about deposits
• Theta brain waves validated with EEG studies during reflexology
Dr. Manzanares also presented:
• The neurophysiological basis of reflexology — the science behind the art
• Advanced therapeutic reflexology techniques
• Mapping and diagrams of the foot-to-body relation from a medical perspective
• Assessment and applications for specific pathologies
• Pathologic studies and biopsies of the feet performed by Dr. Manzanares
• Scientific basis of deposits and sensitivity in the foot reflex areas
• His own studies, map locations and research
• Experiential, interactive and hands-on practice of foot reflexology
Dr. Manzanares shared his passion and inspired many of the participants to think about our perspective regarding reflexology, science of Reflexology vs. relaxation Reflexology. He was candid about his results, his approach, and showed an incredible amount of patience as he provided hands on instructions to each participant through the weekend as we learned the Dr. Manzanares technique.
Participants were so impressed and inspired that they have already expressed interest in learning more from Dr. Manzanares.
A special thank you to Linda Chollar for coordinating and organizing the workshop!